Important Point to Keep in Mind before We Begin to Learn How Structured Snippets Work
Keep in mind that the structured snippet extension is very similar to the callout extension, but they do have slightly different use cases. While structured snippets are used to highlight specific aspects of a product or service, like the different kinds of amenities a Hotel could offer, callout extensions are best utilized to differentiate what makes your business unique, like a special promotion.
Now let’s move on to use the structured snippets in adwords.
How Structured Snippets Work
You decide what type of information potential customers will find most valuable when considering your products and services by selecting a predefined header (like “Product” or “Service category”). You then add specific, supporting details to call out.
Here’s a list of available headers:
- Degree programs
- Featured hotels
- Insurance coverage
- Service catalog
Ads that show on a computer can show up to 2 headers at a time while ads that show on mobile and tablet devices will only show one header. AdWords algorithmically decides the best header or combination of headers to show, so it’s best to add as many headers as possible that are relevant to your business.
Structured snippets are extensions that highlight specific aspects of your products and services. They show underneath your text ad on search in the form of a header.
AdWords algorithmically decides the best header or combination of headers to show, so it’s best to add as many headers as possible that are relevant to your business.
Structure snippets and callouts have distinct attributes and benefits.
How to Add Structured Snippets
- Choose the campaign or ad group you’d like to add structured snippets to, or stay at the “All campaigns” level to add structured snippets at the account level.
- Click the Ad extensions tab.
- From the View: drop-down menu, choose Structured snippet extensions.
- Click +Extension, then click +New structured snippet.
- Choose a language and then a header from the drop-down menus. This header will be shown in front of the values (snippets) you enter.
- Enter at least 3 values. These values should be specific items or attributes that match the header category.
- Click Save.
See this video from Google for further understanding :